Texas Clown Association 2015Click to Help Kids Fighting Cancer
- Kids will be the focus. This year the big show will host children fighting cancer together with their families. The convention is not just for clowns, it is for the kids.
- Every penny raised here will go to providing joy to the kids.
- The All-Star Show is expanded to make it a once-in-a-lifetime event in a real circus tent.
- The Rosy Nose Clown Alley in Tyler, Texas is a new clown alley and we volunteered to host this year’s convention.
- Each teacher could be a headliner at any other convention. We are bringing the best teachers to this convention
- Because this is an ambitious and expensive convention, we need your help. It will be the best you have ever seen having an impact far beyond the members of the Texas Clown Association.
We know that you, our colleges and friends, are caring and generous. We need your help to fund this event and trust we can accomplish great things together.Click to Help Kids Fighting Cancer
What We Need & What You Get
Here are the details:
- The convention will cost over $20,000 total. Less than half of that is covered by registration fees.
- The added expense this year is from two area.
- We are bringing in teachers and performers who are the best in their fields. We did not just ask, “Who can we get?” Instead, we asked who would be the BEST in each area.
- With this much talent, we decided to share the talent with kids fighting cancer. We will have an All-Star show in a circus tent. We will make a once-in-a-lifetime memory for families who deserve to smile and forget their struggles for a little while.
- We have some fun and interesting perks for contributors. There will be special things to see and do at the convention. There are fun perks even if you cannot attend the TCA Convention or show. We want to make sure that you know how thankful we are for your loving support!
- Every penny of this campaign will go directly to providing the entertainment for the kids. The clown training and the rest of the convention will be funded through other means. Everything we raise here will go directly to bringing joy to kids with cancer.
The impact of your giving will be felt in the community, in the Texas Clown Association, and most importantly by the kids:
- If you are a TCA member, you will be helping to make this the most memorable convention ever.
- If you are a member of the Tyler community, you will be impacting kids right here in our community.
- The Texas Clown Association has a rich history of giving and caring. This organization makes a difference in Texas.
- The Rosy Nose Clown Alley is a 501c3 Non-profit organization. An accounting firm is overseeing all of our fundraising activities. All of the money raised here goes to help the kids. Not a penny will go to overhead.
Risks & Challenges
- First we took the risk of hosting the TCA convention.
- Second we took the risk of expanding the scope of the convention to help children.
All the money raised in this campaign will go directly to providing for the kids. The convention itself will be funded by registration fees and other fund-raising by members of the Rosy Nose Clown Alley.
But we had to commit early to set the things in motion to provide entertainment for the children.
- We are working with Trinity Mother Frances Hospital, Lil’ Wranglers (a part of the Cattle Barons Gala organization), and the American Cancer Society to identify kids and families who will benefit the most from this event.
- We had to contact the families and organizations early to set things in motion.
- Deposits and rental fees that are coming due for facilities and equipment are being paid out of pocket by alley members.
- We are trusting YOU, our community, to make this happen.
Other Ways You Can Help
No matter what your level of giving is we need additional help:
- Get the word out and make some noise about this campaign. Facebook stories, blog posts, newsletter articles, mentions at meetings, can all help us.
Together we will impact kids and bring joy…why not?